17 junho, 2010

Vivaldi - Bajazet "Sposa son disprezzata" Vivica Genaux

Mais uma peça Barroca com a respectiva partitura sincronizada. É muito mais interessante de ouvir.



Deixo também as informações que estavam no youtube:

Antonio Vivaldi

"Sposa son disprezzata"
Bajazet, RV 703


Bajazet is a pasticcio by Antonio Vivaldi. Its libretto was written by Agostino Piovene. It was premiered in Verona, during the Carnival season of 1735. This opera (catalog number RV 703) is presented in 3 acts, with a three-movement sinfonia as an introduction. The story is about the fate of Bajazet (known as Beyazid I) after being captured by Tamerlane (Tamerlano/Timur Lenk).


Vivaldi himself composed the arias for the good characters and mostly used existing arias from other composers for the villains in this opera. Some of the arias are reused from previous Vivaldi operas. This particular aria was taken from the opera "Merope" (1734) by Francesco Gasparini.


In this recording:


The only complete recording of this opera was released by Virgin Classics on May 10, 2005. Fabio Biondi conducts Europa Galante in Brussels for this recording. The singers are: * bass-baritone Ildebrando D'Arcangelo as Bajazet * countertenor David Daniels as Tamerlano * mezzo-soprano Vivica Genaux as Irene * contralto Marijana Mijanovic as Asteria * soprano Patrizia Ciofi as Idaspe * mezzo-soprano Elina Garanca as Andronico


Original text:


Sposa son disprezzata,
fida son oltraggiata,
cieli che feci mai?
E pur egl'è il mio cor,
il mio sposo, il mio amor,
la mia speranza.
L'amo ma egl'è infedel
spero ma egl'è crudel,
morir mi lascierai?
O Dio, manca il valor,
e la costanza.


Translation (Elfrieda Langemann O'Neill) :

I am wife and I am scorned,
I am faithful and I'm outraged.
Heavens, what have I done?
And yet he is my heart,
my husband, my love,
my hope.
I love him, but he is unfaithful,
I hope, but he is cruel,
will he let me die?
O God, valor is missing -
valor and constancy.

1 comentário:

  1. Bom ouvir isto numa das primeiras noites de Verão com a janela aberta, a incomodar ligeiramente os vizinhos (cada um o seu gosto), mas não muito...:)

    ResponderEliminar